About Examination Cell
The UGC has awarded Academic Autonomy to Government College of Engineering, Karad from Academic Year 2015-16 for UG and PG programs. Thus, the establishment of Examination Cell took place and it started working independently as a part of Autonomy. This allowed the Institute to design its own structure, conduct examinations, carry out assessment/evaluation and declare the results.
Under the Autonomy, the degree is awarded by Shivaji University, Kolhapur to the Graduates after successful completion of the Program.
The Controller of Examination shall be the Officer in-charge to conduct examinations, tests and the declaration result. He/she shall discharge his functions under the direct superintendence, direction and guidance of the Chairman, Examination Committee. The Controller of Examination shall perform such other functions as prescribed by the Ordinances approved by the Board of Management/Examination Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Controller of Examination:
- The CoE works as a Member Secretary in Examination Committee under the control of Chairman, Examination Committee/Dean Academics of GCEK.
- In the absence of CoE by virtue of any reason anyone from Associate CoE(s) recommended by Chairman, Examination Committee will look-after the work of CoE in addition to his own work.
- The CoE shall be an officer of the Institute and will report to the Chairman, Examination Committee. ACOE(s) shall be a officer of the Institute and will report to the CoE;
- The CoE will be the supervisor of Examination Committee constituted by the the Academic Council;
- The Controller of Examinations may inform the proceeding of Examination Committee to the Academic Council as and when required.
- The Controller of Examinations shall be responsible for making all the arrangements necessary for holding examinations, tests and timely declaration of results.
- The Controller of Examinations shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him, from time to time, by the Chairman, Examination Committee.
- In the absence of the COE/ACOE(s), his duties shall be performed by any officer or teacher of the Institute as assigned by the Chairman, Examination Committee.
- Subject to prior approval of the Chairman, Examination Committee, the Controller of Examinations shall perform the following duties and responsibilities namely:-
a) To prepare examination schedule and implement the same;
b) To appoint examiners and evaluators as prescribed in the rules & regulations.
c) To arrange for printing of question papers and answer books and their safe custody.
d) To arrange to evaluation and to process the results.
e) To arrange for timely declaration and publication of result and to refer, if, deem necessary any matter before the examination committee prior to declaration of results;
f) To postpone or cancel examination in part or in whole, in the event where such need arises.
g) To ensure confidentiality and to make assessment/improvement in the process of the Institute examination/evaluation.
h) To finalize the mode of examination for different courses in consultation with concerned Faculty/Department/Academic Council;
i) To appoint external agency(s)/observer(s) for conducting and monitoring the examinations.
j) To appoint external agency(s)/examiner(s)/evaluator(s) for evaluation of examination.
k) To submit report regarding examination(s) to the Chairman, Examination Committee and University.