The Government of Maharashtra with the aim and vision to spread Technical Education in rural and tribal areas of the state of Maharashtra founded Government College Of Engineering, Karad in 1960.The College is affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur and is acting as a vital education center for many years. Over the years the college has produced about 7200 engineers and more than 300 computer professionals through Master of Computer Application course which is unique in Engineering faculty under Shivaji University. Along with the degree courses in Civil,Machanical, Electrical and Information Technology, the college also offers PG programs in different specializations in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Vision of the Institute "To emerge as a Technical- Institution of National repute driven by excellence in imparting value based education and innovation in research, to face the global needs of the profession."
Mission of the institute:
- To achieve academic excellence by providing highest quality of education, recourses and infrastructure.
- To inculcate scientific, technological and managerial skills through new technologies, methodologies, disciplines recourses and even attitudes.
- To create scientific, technological, and cultural awareness amongst students and public at large.
- To aim at total upliftment of society with focus on academic excellence.
Objectives The institute has set the following objectives.
- To provide technical education of highest standards to all classes of society including economically and socially backward sections of society.
- To provide trained and skilled engineers and technocrats to the society.
- To promote sense of equality, national integration, social justice amongst students and to act as catalyst in socio-techno- economic transformations for national developments.
- To accept challenges of globalization.
- To inculcate values like social equality, feeling of brotherhood and self help.
Short Range Goals
- To introduce new courses of appropriate and sustainable technology relevant to the needs of time.
- To provide testing and consultancy services on a larger scale.
- To achieve 100% placement of student.
- To be identified as a "Research centre".